A new year brings new possibilities for your life – relationships, career/business, love, and more. Make this new year amazing for yourself! You absolutely deserve the best!
So, here are 5 ways to make that happen!
1. Focus On Others: Random acts of kindness are good for you and others. Doing good for others will always make you feel good yourself and make your life more amazing than it was before you went out of your way to help someone else. There is scientific proof that when you help others you set off a biochemical response. This response includes the release of endorphins, and stress reduction in the body.
Try volunteering in a cause you are passionate about. If you love cats, volunteer at a cat shelter. You might need to start slowly if you are not comfortable just jumping in with both feet.
You can start with random acts of kindness for your family and friends, your neighbors and coworkers. Next, your random acts of kindness can flow to strangers. Make paying it forward a regular habit.
2. Get Organized: This is a goal we all have many times in our lives. And there are so many areas of our lives that we could possibly organize. It is so easy for us to make a disorganized mess of our lives. It might be our home, our workspace, our car… for some of us, it might be all of these things. For many of us, our workspace is meticulously organized while our houses are not. Or it might be the other way around.
Start with your workspace. It is smaller than your house and easier to organize than your car. If that is too much, let’s start with the simplest of things most of us have to organize – our computers, tablets and phones.
Start with the desktop or the screen of your smart device and discard any apps that you do not use on a weekly or maybe even daily basis. Once you have done this, look at the remaining icons and apps. Create some folders for them and organize these remaining icons and apps into the folders. You can even make subfolders if you really want to be organized.
After cleaning up your desktop, do the same for your documents, photos, videos, and anything else you have. Categorize everything so they are easier to find. The last step is to back up all your files offline.
3. Be Kind To Yourself: It is not easy to be gentle or kind with yourself. In fact, for many people, it is much easier to be nice to strangers than to themselves. We are often our own worst critics. If there is one thing and one thing only that you do to make 2015 an amazing year it is to stop that inner voice that is so critical of you. This will take some practice.
Catch yourself being unkind to yourself. Note what you are doing and stop.
In that moment, think of what your best friend would say to you. She wouldn’t say, “Yeah, you are horrible,” or “You are going to fail!”. She would make you feel better. She would tell you everything is going to be okay. You deserve happiness. It is time to be kind and compassionate with yourself.
Meditation and counseling can also help you be kind to yourself. Once it becomes a habit, your mind will automatically dismiss negative thoughts and have you loving yourself. This is the most important of all the ways to make 2015 an amazing year.
4. Get Inspired: Find a source of inspiration and personal growth.
Attending conferences, videos, workshops, classes, and groups are all the kind of things you can do to get yourself inspired. Inspiration is essential if you are going to reach your goals.
At these events, you can accomplish a couple of things. You surround yourself with people who are looking for the same things, people who have the same goals. Some will be ahead of you and some will be behind, but all will be walking in the same direction. You can draw inspiration from them as well as the presenters.
5. Slow Down: Finally… slow down.
It may sound trite to say stop and smell the roses but the reality is that doing so can change your life. This can make 2015 the most amazing year ever.
Appreciate what is around you and what is in your life. Gratitude will come with slowing down, and gratitude will make you look at life differently.
It is not too late to make 2015 a great year regardless of what happened to your new year’s resolutions so far (especially if you have not work on them at all). Follow your heart and implement these 5 easy ways to make this an amazing year!